Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kotthimeera kabab / Kothmeeri ki wadi ( marathi)

Very delicious, you have to believe.
I was just having lunch asusual with my friends at office located in pune,one of my friend  brought this wadi and just shared it to eat
and my god !!!!! irresistible.
I couldnt stop from asking her whats the name of the recipie and asked her to get the procedure to prepare it from her mom.
Moreover my husband is fondd of kothimeer and soo couldnt stop from googling it also.hence got it in a  marati web site and prepared it in my style.
hence now its in front of you.
Lets start...

Things required:
1. kotthimeera       - 1/2 bunch ( cut in to small pieces)
2. senagapindi-basen - 2 cups
3. Salt              - acc to taste
4. Chilli powerder   - acc to taste
5. Haldi       - 1 spoon
6. Oil (optional)   - for deep fry


1. Take a bowl ,put the chopped and washed coriander, mix with all the other ingredients with some water to gain a medium consistency ( not too thin)
2. Now we need to steam this mixture so that it comes into shape of a cake.
   I used my idli cooker for that.In place of idli batter i just kept this coriander-besan paste.
    Hence in 10 mins i could get my paste in shape of idlis.

3.Then we need to just cut the idli's into desired shape ( vertical stripe cuts give a nice look as in pic)
4.Now heat the oil for deep fry in a pan and deep fry our vertical cuts here.
5.Take them out onto a absorbing kitchen towel or a nice news paper ;) until some oil is absorbed and now serve hot with tomato ketch up
and i bet you will reach heights of happiness.

You can also shallow fry with out oil at cost of 10-15 mins more.In that case ignore Point #4 over here.

Iam happy i could share this recipie.its a different and tastyy snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...